We’re collecting items to take to Calais at the end of July. At present there are close to 800 migrants in Calais and they recently suffered evictions and destruction of the camps where they were staying. They then occupied the food distribution area, which is still going, and today a group of migrants have decide to go on hunger-strike in protest of the conditions they are forced to live in and the harassment they experience daily from French authorities. http://bit.ly/calaishungerstrike
Here is a list of useful items we are looking to collect. Please get in touch if you, or someone you know, is throwing away of this stuff soon. We will come to collect it.
*Clothes, coats, trousers, socks, gloves, hats and trainers;
* Tents, tarps and sleeping bags;
* Bikes, bike trailers and bike repair stuff – are always needed and really useful for people to stay mobile and get around;
* Pots, pans, utensils, plates, cups, cutlery;
* Books, dictionaries, texts, zines etc – in any and all languages. Especially, English, French, Italian, Arabic, Pashto, Farsi, Tigrinya, Amharic and Greek;
* Games & music making – card games, board games, footballs, basketballs, and any instruments etc;
* Tools – for fixing stuff;
* Phones, phone chargers and sim cards;
hi. I am moving out and have lots of cutlery and things to give away if you would be able to collect.
Yes, we’re happy to collect. Drop us an e-mail at email@example.com or text 07466850588 to arrange a time and place to pick up from. Thanks! 🙂